Kit Carson School
February 23, 2018
Staff & Students:
1. Pennies for Patients money boxes need to be turned in on Monday,
2. Prom will be held on April 7th.
3. Congratulations to Ava Oswald for being 1st Grade Author of the
4. Elementary AR Contest announcement: 1,553.24 pts was the grand
total for the 1st Semester…This year’s goal was set at 2,700.00
pts…Elementary lets knock this out of the park…We want Mr. Framel to
get a pie in the face!! KEEP READING!! AWESOME JOB!!
5. The AR point board will be changed every Friday afternoon.
6. If you have any book suggestions for the library, please let me
know. Mrs. Gekeler
7. Class of 2020 will be selling breakfast burritos for $3.00 on
1. Feb. 24th, HS District BB Tournament at Lamar Community Building.
KC girls will play Eads at 4:40 p.m. for Championship
KC boys will play McClave at 6:00 p.m. for Championship
2. Feb. 25th, Cheyenne County Republican’s Lincoln Day Dinner in old
gym at noon.
3. Feb. 27th, HS Track meeting in Library during lunch. Bring your
lunch trays to meeting.
4. Feb. 28th, Wildcat Wednesday. (Moved from Feb. 21st for Dr. Seuss
5. March 2nd, Dr. Seuss Day
6. March 2nd, JH Knowledge Bowl in Manzanola, bus leaves 6:30 a.m.
7. March 18th, Hunter Education Internet Conclusion Course in Cheyenne
Wells, call Todd Marriott 719-340-0279 if you have questions.
8. March 20th, School Board meeting at 7 p.m.
9. March 20th, Warm Water Fishing 101 sponsored by Colorado Parks and
Wildlife at 5:30 p.m. in Kit Carson Fire House. For questions contact
Todd Marriott at 719-340-0279.
10. March 20th, FFA Rent-A-Hand Auction in school cafeteria. Meal at
6:30 p.m. all you can eat Rocky Mountain Oysters or Pulled Pork
Sandwich, Adults $10 Child (5-12) $5. Sale at 7:30 p.m.
11. March 22nd, Health Committee meeting at 6 p.m.
12. March 24th, Hunter Education Internet Conclusion Course in Kit
Carson at the school, contact Joel Maxcy for more information.
13. March 31st, Big Game Applications are due April 3rd. Todd Marriott
can assist you in completing the application process from 10 a.m. to 4
p.m. at the Kit Carson Fire House. If you have questions, contact Todd
Marriott at 719-340-0279.